Thursday 16 February 2012

A Gift for A Naming Day

Wow, 2 posts in 1 day, I'm on a roll here!


My niece's Naming Ceremony is on the weekend, and instead of the traditional gifts that many give at a Naming/Christening/Baptism of the pewter that just sits and collects dust and no-one wants when they're a teenager, I decided to make my little niece something special that can be used in 2 different ways, adapting as she gets older.


A Hair Clip Holder / Memo Board.


 The whole board, I think my niece will get plenty of use out of it

 A close up of the fabric I used, it will match in with her pink/purple room with butterflies and flowers

And a picture of the Brads I used on the cross section.

I could have done the ribbon just vertical or horizontal like I have seen done many times, but I figured by criss crossing it, my niece can use this after she has finished wearing hair clips and put up photos and notes etc.

This was a really simple project, the longest part was choosing the fabric and hot gluing the ribbon on. 

Does your family have Naming Ceremonies to welcome little ones into the world?
Do you like to make gifts for your relatives for special occasions, birthdays, christmas?

Until next time, keep smiling,
Kirra :)

No comments:

Post a Comment