Wednesday 26 September 2012

Photo Inspiration Challenge over at Our Creative Corner

Hi Everyone!

This week over at Our Creative Corner they are having a Photo Inspiration Challenge! Oh My Gosh! Check out the yummy photo we had to be inspired by! Doesn't it just look delicious! Needless to say, getting inspired by something so yummy was pretty easy!



The guidelines were - 
1. Use the photo as inspiration.
2. Use 2 or more buttons.
3. Use polka dots somewhere.


And here is the Kirra's Korner take on the challenge!


You can't see it in the photo but all 3 of the Rosettes have polka dots on them, so it is a very dotty card :)

All Supplies used were Stampin' Up! although all supplies, except the buttons, are retired stock. And upon inspection of a few previous catalogues, Im not sure if the ribbon was Stampin' Up! or not, I can't find it in the catalogues but thought I received it as a hostess gift but I mustn't have. 

Designer Buttons - Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and More Mustard.
Designer Series Paper Patterns Pack - Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait.

As you can see I was inspired by the soft pastel colours of the cake photo.

I hope you like the card, I am pretty happy with my end result, I can tell because I can't stop looking at it hehe. 

Leave a message if you dropped by!

Until next time,
Keep Smiling!
Kirra :)

10 comments:

  1. Love your rosette card Kirra! And the blog looks terrific!! Really fresh and trendy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! This is the first card Ive made with 3 rosettes and I fell in love with it when it was done, definately one to go on my inspiration board above my desk :D Thanks heaps, took me a little bit to learn the ropes of Blogger but I got there in the end and can't wait to start blogging more! I just showed hubby the page and even he approves of it, so it must look alright ;P
      Kirra :D

      Delete
  2. I love this card! It's so cute - and congrats to you for making all those rosettes! Still haven't made them since Aly's party and all the difficulties I had, haha.

    Also, loving your new blog layout :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brie! I must admit I used my Simply Scoring Tool and it made it soooo much easier! I love my Simply Scoring Board!

      Thank you! Took some playing but I think Im finally happy with the layout and the colours, I hope it feels fresh and inviting!

      Kirra :)

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS rosettes and buttons and glorious polka dots too! You created a sensational card from the photo inspiration. The design is clean and simple and yet elegant all at the same time! :)

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Thanks heaps for the lovely inspiration! As soon as I saw the photo I was inspired to create!
      Glad you like it :D
      <3 x

      Delete
  4. Those rosettes are gorgeous!!! You created a great card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lili!
      I had a blast doing a card I wouldnt usually do! Thanks for the inspiration!
      <3

      Delete
  5. hey snookums.... love your page, expecially love the ribbon background... georgous! and you have done a great job on your card... you inspire me to create, love you and miss you and cant wait to see you at the stampin up event soon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis!
      Im glad that I inspire you! Because you always inspire me aswell! I am super stoked about the Stampin' Up! event for so many reasons, one being seeing you again! Miss you heaps too!
      Love always, your little sis <3 xx

      Delete